Ventura Charter School is a tuition-free public school serving over 450 students from Kindergarten through 8th grade.
Priority enrollment for school lottery is open now through February 21, 2024.
Book a Tour
Ventura Charter School attracts, enrolls, and retains a broad spectrum of students and families representing the rich diversity of Ventura County. We are nonsectarian in programs, admission policies, employment practices, and all other operations. As a public school, Ventura Charter School does not charge tuition and does not discriminate in admissions or outreach against any student on the basis of ethnicity, national origin, gender, or disability.
Our in-person 60-minute campus tours highlight Ventura Charter School’s educational philosophy, curriculum, and parental involvement.
*(Esp) Spanish language interpretation is available on these dates, but only if requested with your RSVP no later than 48 hours before the meeting date.
Book a tour here no later than than 4:00 p.m. the day before the tour.
Enroll in Ventura Charter School today!
Enrollment in Ventura Charter School is by lottery. Each student must submit an application no later than 4:00 p.m. on February 21, 2024 to be eligible for the lottery on February 23, 2024 for the 2024-25 school year. (Students who apply after the lottery deadline will be added to our waiting list in the order that they are received).
Steps to enroll
- Submit an application before 4:00 p.m. on February 21, 2024
- Download PDF and complete.
- Submit completed application one of three ways:
- Email to Enrollment Coordinator April McClure,
- Fax to 805-648-5539, or
- Mail via USPS - Ventura Charter School, ATTN: Admissions, P.O. Box 392, Ventura, CA 93002.
- Students must be 5 years old on or before September 1, 2024 to enter Kindergarten for the 2024-25 school year.
- All incoming students must be fully immunized or have a valid medical exemption. Please visit www.shotsforschool.org for more information on the immunizations required for school entry.
- A random lottery will be held on February 23, 2024.
- Acceptance to the school is based on availability of space.
- Applications and waiting lists are valid until the following year's lottery.
- Students not admitted during the school year must submit a new application for the lottery each year.
Please contact Enrollment Coordinator April McClure by email or by phone at (805) 648-5523.
If the number of students who wish to attend Ventura Charter School exceeds the School's capacity, enrollment will be determined by a public random drawing (lottery). Preference shall be extended to pupils currently attending Ventura Charter School, and then other preferences are based on the following list, in order of priority:
- Children of staff (not to exceed 10% of the total student population).
- Siblings of students currently enrolled (and continuing the following year) in the school.
- Applicants who reside within the boundaries of E.P. Foster Elementary School in the Ventura Unified School District*.
- Applicants who reside within the boundaries of the Ventura Unified School District.*
- Applicants who reside in Ventura County and adjacent counties.
* All applicant addresses will be independently verified. Applicants found to have used a fraudulent address will be barred from entering the lottery for a full year
For all questions, please contact our
Enrollment Coordinator, April McClure at
805-648-5523 or [email protected]